Location – Internal role, based at DVS Cardiff
Role Summary – Reporting to the Commercial Director, you will lead on the purchasing of products on behalf of DVS; ensuring appropriate levels of stock are maintained and continuous dialogue with Warehouse and Sales departments to inform your work.
Vital to the role is monitoring, analysing, reacting and reporting on metrics and performance to drive a proactive working environment. It is also essential to have a commercial understanding of the wider business needs and the ability to work with and support the Executive team to improve the business as a whole.
Supplier relationship and negotiation skills will be central to the role for both the Purchasing and Logistic aspects. Working skilfully across multiple departments, you will be an enthusiastic and passionate advocate of the Company’s values and ensure they are promoted throughout the business at all times.
• You will be responsible for ensuring the department analyses sales, purchases, and logistics to ensure the Company maintains appropriate levels of stock
• Develop processes for forecasting and stock management and devise and implement best practice cost and service measures for logistics operations, and commit to proactive management and timely resolution of logistics operational issues
• Reporting to the Executive and Directors, you will undertake analysis with regular and in-depth reviews to monitor and help drive success in overall performance of multiple departments; reporting to the business on a wide range of key metrics and KPIs to provide insight and offer solutions for improvements where applicable
• You will conduct monthly meetings with departmental managers to assess Company performance against Company KPIs, and establish team objectives with guidance from the business
• Effectively managing interdepartmental relationships in order for the business to function cohesively, you will work as a trusted and valued colleague alongside Sales, Warehouse and Workshop teams
• Supporting Stock accuracy enquiries to resolution and managing direct delivery orders to completion. You will manage all transport costs in and out of the business whilst measuring the performance
• You will have an understanding of import procedures and HMRC reporting requirements with regards to import documentation and commodity codes and the associated VAT and Duty implications
• You will have an understanding and responsibility of WEEE compliance
• You will develop a strong commercial relationship with our suppliers. You will Successfully negotiate lower prices with our suppliers, negotiate prices and terms for scheduled contracts with suppliers and draft agreement documents.
• You will ensure we have appropriate T&Cs with our suppliers and review and monitor supplier compliance to all contractual standards (e.g. business continuity, modern day slavery etc).
• Working closely with the Executive team on the delivery of monthly presentations and other associated projects, you will also work with the Executive on budgeting and planning matters; producing and articulating data to inform discussions and decision making
• You will set relevant targets and developing the team’s key performance indicators; identifying what we measure and control
• Managing team performance and agreeing employee development plans including appraisals, you will motivate and inspire individuals to achieve, and to maintain consistent levels of high performance
• You will ensure the Company has effective department training programmes, that systems are being utilised effectively and you will contribute to driving efficiency through the departments in line with business requirements
• You will manage teams in accordance with Company policies and procedures
• You will contribute to HR processes ranging from interviewing to disciplinary cases, with assistance and guidance from HR, and maintain results through support and performance management
• Implementing and using purchasing and logistics best practices and key metrics to improve performance and drive efficiencies
Key Attributes and Experience
• You will be experienced in buying; preferably in a Security/IT/Tech marketplace
• You will be highly commercial and focused on product availability and over stock management
• CIPS Level 6 essential or MCIPS preferred
• CILT Level 6 advantageous
• You will have proven experience in overseeing a supplier base, including relationship management, and negotiating contracts and price
• You will have experience of new product development, forecasting and stock management and overall supply chain management
• A natural team player, good negotiator and communicator, you will be organised and methodical with the ability to solve problems and take prompt decisive actions where necessary
• You will be able to remain calm under pressure and demonstrate control if challenged
• Requiring minimal supervision to deliver your work, you will be able to prioritise tasks and execution of actions
• Sage 200 experience preferred
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com