Reporting directly to the Purchasing and Logistics Manager the successful candidate will be a team player operating in a dynamic team of four and will be approaching tasks with with a keen eye for detail, onward efficiencies, and improvements. Working as part of the fast-paced team in a fast growth company the candidate should also be able to work well under pressure and be able to prioritise, with good communication and IT skills.
Operating in a high performing environment the successful candidate will operate under the day-to-day stewardship of the Purchasing and Inventory Planner whilst regularly communicating with internal customers, suppliers in a modern dynamic purchasing and logistics department.
Knowledge of Sage 200 desirable but not essential. A background in a similar role will be essential for the successful candidate as will robust Microsoft Excel skills.
Responsibilities will include but not be limited to the below:
• Raise purchase orders though Sage 200
• Liaise with sales team with product updates, ETAs, landed costs, expedite orders.
• Liaise with UK and Foreign suppliers regarding POs, lead times, etc.
• Liaise with warehouse team on stock levels/delivery dates, etc.
• Tracking orders start to finish
• Gather PODs for direct shipments before invoicing our customer
• Maintaining and increasing relationships with freight forwarders
• Update costs in line with USD rate changes, possible change sale price bands
• UK road haulage and international road/air courier bookings, and tracking
• Handling & processing transportation documents
• Checking all import documentation to ensure the correct commodity codes and VAT and duty have been applied.
• Quotations for all shipments and checking rates with suppliers
• Data entry & processing using Microsoft Excel for imports plan
Key Attributes and Experience
• Excellent attention to detail
• Can-do attitude
• Methodical approach to working practices.
• Ability to work independently and on own initiative with a pro-active approach
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Detailed understanding of Microsoft Excel and the ability to process unrefined data efficiently.
• Good-multi-tasking skills along with time management skills
• Previous experience in a purchasing role would be a distinct advantage.
• Any import experience would be ideal, use of tariff codes, etc.
• Industry knowledge is not essential, although any technological background would be advantageous.
Internal role, based in Cardiff, Wales
Purchasing and Logistics Manager
Salary and Benefits:
• Competitive financial package
• Private health insurance
• 25 days holiday allowance plus bank holidays, rising to 28 days holiday allowance after 3 years’ service
• Buy/Sell Holiday Scheme
• Company sick pay scheme
• Regular company social events and free food events in work
• Workplace pension scheme
• Income Protection
• Employee assistance programme
• Annual flu vaccination
• Free parking
To apply, please email your CV to email@example.com